terça-feira, 21 de abril de 2009

My mask and my mirror


My mask and my mirror


And it comes to me that thought again
The thought that diminishes myself
And unbuild my uneasy ego
Where is my mask so I can hide?
All I see is the mirror that penetrates my soul
With fiercing power
It destroys my sense of freedom
Because it reveals my true inner self
Please, bring back my mask
Where I can hide and be free
Free from the world
Free from myself
...
by Augusto Filho

Um comentário:

  1. Everyone wears its own mask, but once in a while we have to face the mirror and, naked, contemplate the monster we are trying to hide from ourselves. But is it a monster or just a caterpillar preparing to turn itself into something light and free?

    Worse than that is to wear a mirror mask. And see the multiplication of the emptiness when facing the eyes of another mirrormasked being.


    Eliude from Ode ao Ego

    ResponderExcluir